Activity in assurance of uniformity of measurements within Eurasian Economic Union
The Eurasian Economic Union (hereinafter referred to as the Union is an international economic alliance, Treaty Establishment the Eurasian Economic Community customs union was signed on May 29, 2014 and came into force on January 1, 2015. The Member-States of the Eurasian Economic Union are the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic and the Russian Federation. The Union is being created to strengthening and binding of economies, to modernize and upgrade competitiveness of countries in the international market.
Cooperation in the field of assurance of uniformity of measurements within Eurasian Economic Community customs is carried out in accordance with Annex 10 of the Treaty on the Eurasian Economic Union, Protocol Agreed Policy for Ensuring Uniformity of Measurements (hereinafter - the Protocol that determines the principles of agreed policy of the Member States in ensuring the uniformity of measurements in order to provide comparability of measurement results and outcomes of assessment of conformity of products to technical regulations of the Union, as well as of quantitative measurements of products).
According to Protocol, Agreed policy in ensuring the uniformity of measurements through the harmonization of legislation of the Member States in ensuring the uniformity of measurements and concerted actions to ensure
To realize protocol, 10 normative documents were established by Eurasian Economic Union:
- the establishment of mechanisms of mutual recognition of the results of activities to ensure the uniformity of measurements by approving respective rules of mutual recognition;
- the use of measurement unit standards, measuring instruments, reference samples and certified methods for which the Member States shall ensure metrological traceability of results obtained to the International System of Units (SI), national (primary) standards and/or international measurement unit standards;
- reciprocal providing information in ensuring of the uniformity of measurements contained in the relevant data funds of the Member States;
- application of agreed operating procedure to ensure uniformity of measurements.
- A list of non-SI units of measurement used in the development of technical regulations of the Union, including references to the International System of Units (SI);
- The procedure for the organisation of inter-laboratory comparison testing (inter-laboratory intercomparison);
The procedure for metrological examination of draft technical regulations of the Union, the draft list of standards voluntary application of which ensures observance of technical regulations of the Union, the draft list of standards containing research (testing) and measurement rules and methods, including the rules of sampling, required for the implementation and enforcement of the requirements of technical regulations of the Union and conformity assessment of subjects of technical regulation;
The procedure for metrological certification of measurement methods;
The certification procedure for the measurement methods adopted as the reference measurement methods;
The procedure for organising verification of measuring instruments;
The procedure for approval of measuring instruments;
The procedure for approval of standard samples;
The rules of mutual recognition of results of activities to ensure the uniformity of measurements;
The procedure for reciprocal providing information on the uniformity of measurements contained in the data funds of the Member States.